ONK General Meeting
Please join the Oya No Kai Board at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 10 to elect new board members and get updates on interns, cultural exchanges, summer activities and more.
All community members are invited to attend. Current Oya No Kai members may vote in the election. Not a paid member? It’s easy to join! Your $30 Annual Family Membership Fee entitles you to cast a vote at general meetings, participate in student exchanges, and enter the lottery for Camp Westwind. Join here.
Are you interested in joining the Board? Great! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 1059 7323
We are looking for a few hardy souls to fill the following positions:
This new board member would share the following responsibilities with our new Treasurer, Miyeko Endy:
- Process deposits and make approved expenditures.
- Record income and expenses in accounting software.
- Reconcile accounts and organize financial records in electronic format.
- Draft and maintain general operating budget.
- Work with program leads to draft program-specific budgets.
- Prepare data for tax information returns (handled by external CPA).
- Respond to other financial questions as needed.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
Auction Committee Volunteers
We are seeking a co-chair for the Oya No Kai annual auction. This board member would assist our current chair, Victoria Winkle, in managing the biggest fundraiser of the year.
We are also looking for committee volunteers to help with all aspects of event planning, from auction item procurement to event logistics. The 2024 auction will be our 35th anniversary of hosting this event, and we’d like to pull out all the stops, and this means we need your help! Come be a part of the team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in either of these opportunities.