Directions: Portland to Westwind RIVER entrance (Knight County Park, Otis, OR 97368)
(I-5 to Salem, then Hwy 22/18 West is a faster route than 99W through Newberg. It is a longer distance, but less traffic, and less driving time.)
- Take I-5 South to Salem.
- Just north of Salem, take Exit 260A (Salem Parkway, West)
- This will merge with 99E, and turn into Commercial St.
- Turn Right onto Marion St./OR-22 West. Follow signs for OR-22 W/Oregon Coast.
- After approx. 25 miles, OR-22W will merge with OR-18 W/Salmon River Highway.
- After approx. 27 miles, Hwy 18/22 terminates at Hwy 101.
- Take the Hwy 101 North Exit (right), and at the stop sign turn Right, onto Hwy 101
- North, towards Neskowin.
- Cross over the Salmon River (less than 1/2 mile)
- Turn Left onto Three Rocks Rd. (one mile north of the Hwy 18 intersection, and your first left since getting on 101)
- Follow Three Rocks Rd. approx. 2 miles to Knight Park Boat Ramp, on the left side of the road.
Arrival at the boat ramp
- Look for your orange-vested volunteer leader, and make sure you are marked as ‘arrived’ on the attendance sheet.
- Load your luggage onto the Westwind truck in the parking lot. You will get parking instructions at the truck.
- Do not park in the long boat trailer spaces, or in the single car spaces to the north & east of the restrooms.
- We will often triple/quadruple stack our parked cars in the deep parking spaces on the river side of the restrooms. Park tight and close to neighboring cards.
- (Sometimes Westwind parks us at a nearby farm. Ask about parking when you load your bags onto the truck.)
Directions: Portland to Westwind ROAD entrance (for late arrivals, or if we all hike into camp due to unfavorable tides.)
- Follow above directions to the Hwy 101 North turn.
- After turning right at the stop sign onto Hwy 101 North, take the IMMEDIATE LEFT turn onto FRASER ROAD.
- Follow Fraser Road for approximately one mile to reach the Westwind Access Gate.
- The road turns into gravel before you reach the gate.
- You will need a gate code to be able to enter and park your vehicle inside the gated area. You can get this code in advance from the coordinator on your weekend.
- Please park in a manner that leaves plenty of space for other cars. You can also park on the roadside outside of the gate. Do not block the road!
- The hike into the camp is about two miles on level road. You can borrow a bicycle from the shed and ride into camp if you prefer. The bike lock code is normally the same as the gate code.