Directions from Portland to Westwind’s river entrance (Knight County Park, Otis, OR 97368)
Boat: Come across the river on our ferry, and take the five minute walk to main camp. Our truck will meet you at Knight County Park for hauling luggage and gear.
- Take I-5 South to Salem.
- Just north of Salem, take exit 260A Salem Parkway.
- This will merge with 99E and turn into Commercial St.
- Turn Right onto Marion St./OR-22 West. Follow signs for OR-22 W/Oregon Coast.
- After approx. 25 miles, OR-22W will merge with OR-18 W/Salmon River Highway.
- After approx. 27 miles, take the ramp onto Hwy 101 North towards Neskowin.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Hwy 101 North.
- Cross the Salmon River
- Take first left on Three Rocks Rd.
- Follow Three Rocks Rd. approx. 2 miles to Knight Park Boat Ramp
- Unload luggage at Westwind truck; park vehicles near restrooms (not in trailer area)
- Cross river from boat dock
- Directions to the walk-in entrance to Camp Westwind
- Follow above directions (steps 1-7)
- After turning right at the stop sign onto Hwy 101 North, take the IMMEDIATE first left onto FRAZIER ROAD.
- Follow Frazier road for approximately one mile to reach the Westwind Access Gate. The road turns into gravel before you reach the gate.
- You will need a gate code to be able to enter and park your vehicle inside the gated area. You can get this code in advance from the coordinator on your weekend. Please park in a manner that leaves plenty of space for other cars.
- The hike into the camp is about two miles on level road. You can borrow a bicycle from the shed and ride into camp if you prefer. The bike lock code is the same as the gate code.